It’s good to see that the work I have completed in the past and then taken time to apply it to and maintain a website sometimes pays off. A large building company in London contacted me directly as a result of seeing frames on my website created for a Topping Out Ceremony. This is traditionally […]
How to frame an LP that had been painted as part of a GCSE art exam so that both sides could be viewed? That was the brief from the customer. It was decided to photograph one side of the LP and then have a print made . This could then be framed side by side […]
NEW!! An alternative to the box frame for 3D objects and memorabilia. An acrylic bubble can be placed over the objects and any suitable frame added. UV protective acrylic is available also to safeguard precious items from harmful light.
I completed this rugby shirt framing for my son but also to show what can be done in terms of sports related memorabilia. The rugby shirt was stretched over a board to give it a flat appearance and three medals relating to the tournament wins were stitched in place. A double-mount was cut in club […]
The Hampshire Police and Fire Heritage Trust will soon be opening a new and exciting museum within the Solent Sky Museum, Albert Road South, Southampton. Many historical artefacts and photographs will be on display to the public for the first time. We are very grateful to We Frame It for their excellent work in restoring […]
A customer had an assortment of railway memorabilia that required framing to accompany their collection of vintage equipment. A moulding was selected that reflected the wood used in the equipment in the collection. A box was created behind the frame to create the depth required to fit the items inside. The keys were all tarnished and were cleaned […]
Multiple apertures were cut to house this vintage cigarettes card collection of Fire Fighters through the ages. The cards were carefully placed so they all fitted in with the best appearance. It was then glazed with conservation UV glass to protect them for the future.
A wonderful collection of tax discs was bought into me dating back through the licensing and ownership of a moped. The customer wanted a contemporary look to display all 16 discs. A multi circular aperture mount was cut in British racing green completed with an oak frame and non reflective glass.
The customer requested this piece of textile (possibly once a purely decorative cushion cover) reduced in size and didn’t want a mount around it. This meant a fillet was used just under the edges to keep the beadwork from touching the glass. A narrow box was constructed at the back to hold the stretched tapestry […]
A friend who is an international triathlon referee asked me if I could frame a collection of lanyards that she had collected from events around the world where she had been an official. We discussed a few layouts and finally settled on this. The lanyard event ribbon ends were all hidden behind the one ribbon […]
This was an interesting commission for a metalwork company in Southampton who requested three frames for a “Topping Out Ceremony” to be held in London. The frames contained nickel plated spanners, nuts and bolts and I organised the inscription engraving on the glass. My clients were delighted with the work and gave the following review:- […]
The challenge was how to display an extremely long child’s football scarf, football shirt and team photo in a single frame. The team in the photo were wearing yellow kit and so yellow mount board as chosen to highlight this. The extreme length of the scarf was utilised by creating a frame around the football shirt […]
This was an interesting project we recently completed for a client and comprised two England Youth caps. As the caps were quite tall we had to construct two boxes which were made to recess from the edge of the frame and painted black. This meant the boxes did not overshadow the main display. The caps […]
This signed Sky cycle team shirt was won at auction and photos of the team incorporated into the suede board mount to make an impressive display. The fillets were painted to match the team colours and it was finished in a matt black frame. The shirt was stretched over a former and given shape to […]